Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Final Leg

I've been in Beijing for 4 or 5 days now and have been really surprised how great it is here. I really needed some recovery time after being in India for almost a month and Beijing turned out to be a great place to find that. The people here seem to be so happy. They're incredibly friendly and very patient with the language barrier. Religion is not in your face constantly and it's not taboo to drink beer in public. Of course the food has been good also. Great duck. Yesterday I hiked along a 6 mile strch of an upper section of the Great Wall. Definitely one of the most amazing things I've ever done. Tonight I'm taking a train to Pingyao for a couple of days and then will continue on to Xian where the Terracotta Warriors stand. The train should be an experience in itself.

No comments: